Setting goals is a sure-fire way to improve, right? Whether it’s getting fit, learning new things, or progressing in our career, there’s always something we can set our sights on, call it a goal and start running full-speed towards it. But you know how it goes. You start out with a lofty goal, good intentions, and lots of energy and motivation… and for a while, everything works out. But new habits are hard to make, old habits are hard to break, and more often than not you’ll find yourself procrastinating, forgetting or just plain quitting on your commitment.
In this session, I will talk about setting meaningful goals, and how to stand the best chance of achieving them. I’ll look at why setting goals is helpful, how to choose your goals, and how to set yourself up with a plan of attack. I’ll be looking at questions like these:
- Are big goals better than small goals?
- Are some goals better for you than others?
- What priority should you give to each goal? (The most important task is not always what you think it is)
- How do you beat the procrastination demons and get stuff done?
- How do you give yourself the best chance of sticking to your commitments?
- How do you stay motivated throughout?
- What happens to your goals as time goes on, and your situation changes?
So come and join me to find out more about supercharging your goals!
His spare time is spent losing at board games, taming his children and avoiding most forms of exercise.